Welcome to the Prickett's Nursery Website!
All Tomato Starts
We are extending our hours beginning this Tuesday!
Please allow a minimum of 48 hours to process curbside pick-ups and deliveries, depending on the day your order is placed. Also note that there is a charge for deliveries (check with us to find out specific cost depending on your location). We receive most plant shipments on Thursdays and Fridays so typically we need to wait until these days to be able to fulfill orders in completion. Please do not request a specific pick up day or time as we will not be able to accommodate it. We will call you for phone payment once your order is pulled and ready to go. In order to be fair to everyone, we are processing all incoming curb-side pick-ups in the order we receive them. You will not receive priority if you call in your order. Please note, should you need to phone in an inquiry or order, due to lack of emailing capability, we will often need to phone you back. Thank you for your patience. We are working as fast as we possibly can to assist all of our wonderful customers!
If you are not in the above categories, our stores are open to you. We ask that while shopping with us that you lend your fellow gardeners and our staff the required 6' social distance. Due to high demand, we are unable to hold vegetable starts and seeds at this time except for those groups mentioned above. Thank you for reserving these services for those in need. Your kindness, grace, patience and understanding during these challenging times is really appreciated. We are all in this together!
To our Seniors and those at high risk:
When emailing, please let us know
- Which location for curbside pick-ups
- What city, for delivery
- certified organic or conventional start preference or requirement
- If you are open to recommended substitutions should we be out of your requested choices.
- Your phone number so we can call you for credit card payment once your order is pulled. Please allow us a minimum of 48 hours to process your order
In order to help you shop from home or to plan your visit, please visit http://prickettsnursery.com/at-the-nursery.html to view our spring vegetable start list, soil products, annual and perennial lists and more.
Our Vegetable, Herb, Annual & Perennial Start lists are updated twice weekly but subject to change daily. New starts arrive at the end of every week so be sure to keep checking back for starts that are not yet available like additional Heirloom Tomatoes, Melon, Pumpkins and more, as well as other annuals & perennials. Berries & Fruit Trees are also great additions to the home garden (trees available at our Healdsburg location but we are happy to transfer to our Santa Rosa location) We have a large selection of strawberries, raspberries & more.
If you would like to add some color to your garden as well, we can help you make selections, but please narrow down your requests by evaluating your needs ahead of time so that we can better assist you. Here are a few pertinent questions to consider in choosing your plants whether emailing, phoning us or planning your visit to the nursery. For your ease of shopping, our perennial and shrub sections are organized by plant height and habit.
- Sun Exposure? Sun during what time of day?
- Are you planting in a pot, if so what size?
- Desired height range, width range or plant habit (trailing, upright...)
- Favorite colors
Another helpful & enjoyable activity would be to take a walk, bike ride or drive around your neighborhood while snapping some photos. This will help us to identify plants you would like even though you don't know the name! It will also help you figure out what your personal gardening style is before implementing your own garden creation. Have fun with it and remember plants can always be moved if you don't end up liking them in the place you originally planted them. (better to do when they are young of course!)
- All Employees will be wearing masks as of the 17th
- We also request all customers to please wear masks while shopping with us.
- Plexi Glass barriers are now in place at our Santa Rosa location and on the way today at our Healdsburg location.
- Ensuring that our staff is healthy
- Frequently sanitizing carts, baskets, doorknobs, counters and any other frequently touched surfaces and equipment throughout the day.
- Providing hand sanitizer and gloves to our staff and customers
- Providing curbside pickup or delivery to seniors, those at high risk, health care workers and first responders
- limiting entry to the nursery during peak business and while unloading large trucks
Please be sure to let the cashier know if you are over 55 when placing an order and at the beginning of checking out at the register.
If you have not done so, please visit our E-Newsletter Sign-up page, to begin receiving our weekly newsletter for regular updates.
Thank you and we look forward to continuing to serve your gardening needs, even in these trying times.
We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for your votes in the Press Democrat's Best of Sonoma County 2019! Your votes put us in the top 3 nurseries in Sonoma County! Thank you so much and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your home and garden needs!